Ramadan Quran Competition (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Ramadan Quran Competition
Tri-City Islamic Center is hosting a friendly Ramadan Quran Competition for Muslims, ages 4+. We have selected four Surahs for our community to memorize. Age will be determined by the age of the participant as of May 5, 2019.
Memorize the Surah that was selected for your age group, understand and have strong knowledge of what the Surah means to us as muslims and what lessons we should learn from it.
Age 4: Surah Qadr (The Night of Power)
Ages 5 - 7: Surah Ad-Duha (The Morning Hours)
Ages 7 - 10: Surah Fajr (The Dawn)
Ages 11 + : Surah An -Naba (The Tidings) or Surah Al-Mulk (The Kingdom)
On Saturday June 1, 2019 (Ramadan 27) we will host the Ramadan Quran Competition at 5:30pm to Iftar. During this time participants will have their display boards judged. Each child should prepare a quick two minute speech to explain the contents of their board.
Create a Trifold Project Display Board that incorporates the following:
1. Your name and age
2. The Surah from your age group
3. What did you learn from this Surah, reference verses that tie to what you learned, you don’t need to write them in arabic but can reference them like this (Surah Al Fatihah, Verse 3)
4. What was one thing you learned from this Surah that you can apply in your life currently?
5. What does Ramadan mean to you?
6. What is one change you will make to your life after this Ramadan?
7. How does this Surah teach us to be better people?
Elmers Trifold Corrugate Project Display Board 28x40, you can purchase one from Target, they cost $2.79 by clicking here.